Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June 29th Service

Here's a few videos from our June 29th service. Rob spoke about the importance of including the mind in what we do, not just going through the motions because something is so familiar to us.

The service opened with a song called "Get All Excited", which is an old popular Gaither tune.



The choir paid a Fourth of July tribute by singing a patriotic medley that included America, Battle Hymn of the Republic, and America the Beautiful.



The offertory was a song entitled "Call on Jesus". This song was made popular by the Christian singer Nicole C. Mullen, who also sings "Redeemer". The words to the chorus are very inspirational (shown below). The chorus is what you hear played on the piano in the video.

When I call on Jesus,
All things are possible.
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar.
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call.


No comments: